Monday, February 1, 2010

Life update!

Hello all :)
SO...I have about decided I am not so great at this whole blogging thing, and my grandmother brought this to my attention this weekend! I am going to try and do a better job with keeping up with things, but for now please forgive me!
I have been getting to do some pretty cool things at work and I am getting to where I enjoy it more every day. I got the opportunity to work the Texas State society reception with a few of the other interns and it was a really neat experience getting to be in the same room with all of the men/women that represent the Texas Delegation. There was also tons of food so it was a free dinner night in my world which is ALWAYS a plus! Speaking of free dinners, the Vice President of Research for Texas Tech was in town and he took us to dinner at a spanish tapas restaurant called Jaleo, and it was amazing! The food was very different, and authentic, but over all it was a great experience in a really cool part of town!
I got the best surprise of all this past week! It was a flight back to Lubbock and Hale Center! Mom and Dad were able to fly me home (thanks to southwest air miles) and I was able to see my pledges get initiated into Chi Omega, AND I got to see my entire family! I was very sad to leave, but I get to see my mom and Dad in a week and I CANNOT wait! We have a fun trip planned to go to New York and see the production "Mamma Mia" on Broadway! I am SOOO EXCITED!!
Tonight (2/1/2010) Madelon and I decided we needed to do a little after work retail therapy and headed to the mall at Pentagon City! This mall is 4 stories high which amounts to a heaven in DC! I love this mall and we had a blast! We also decided this is where victorias secret must take all their pictures for magazines because it was HUGE and had everything! We will definitely be going back this weekend!! After the mall we decided we wanted to treat ourselves to a fun dinner. SO we hopped on the Metro and made our stop at China Town where we ate at a gourmet pizza place called Matchbox and it was beyond amazing! We at a cream of crab soup that made me never want to stop eating!! I will figure out this recipe and bring it back to Texas with me because it was aboslutely amazing! Then we had a pizza and had PLENTY left over for both of our lunches tomorrow! It was such a great evening and we got to see a lot of different sights in DC because we walked a lot! I am stuffed and laying in bed right now, I will write again soon! Until then, adios!!

1 comment:

  1. This is very funny. I'm glad you got in some retail therapy!

    It was great having you home for the weekend.

    Love,
    Your Mamma Mia'

    ReplyDelete