Tuesday, January 12, 2010

First days of work!

Hi everyone!
My first few days were interesting to say the least! The first day was definitely NOT what I expected, but then again I did set the bar pretty high! I watched a few TV shows lol and sorted a lot of mail and then stared at a computer for the remainder of the day...not a very plush first day! I had a rough night and really wasn't sure what it was exactly that I was doing here, but then I remembered that God placed me in this position for a reason and I need to have faith that everything will get better and I have a purpose in my office. So, I went to work with a better attitude today and had a GREAT day! I also emailed the staffers in the back to offer my assistance for whatever they need so now I have PLENTY to do!
I love everyone in my office! My staff assistant (who trains me) just graduated from Texas Tech University in December and is really close to my age! We are the only two Texans in our office minus the Congressman and his wife so we catch a lot of slack! The Congressman recently went on an African Safari and shot a water buffalo and had it delivered to be mounted on his wall in his office! Needless to say this caused TONS of attention and we are the talk of the Longworth building and people stop by all day to see the "head"! HAHA
It is still REALLY cold here and I am now getting the hang of "city life" and have about convinced myself that a country girl from Hale Center Texas can do just about anything if I just set out and go do it! I love where I am right now and I am very excited for what this semester has in store for me! If this much has happened and it's only the second day who knows what all could happen!
After work we all met up for Happy Hour and .75 cent Tacos at a place called Tortilla Coast and for .75 cents the tacos weren't too bad! LOL I definitely think I could make a killing here opening up a REAL "Tex Mex" restaurant because these people have NO idea what good mexican food is! Also this week is "Washington Restaurant Week" and it is where DC's top restaurants have half price dinner and lunch for a week! We are definitely going to hit some of these spots because any other time none of us could afford it!
All in All life is good for me in DC! I miss my family and friends so much, but I know I will be home before I know it! Oh and it was pretty nice getting to tell my friends to have a good first day back at school knowing that I would not be in attendance!
Love you all and may you have a VERY blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment