Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just a day on the Hill

Today was a fun day...busy...but fun! I am really getting the hang of how things run in the office now and it's really cool to see how the Congressman that Represents the best district (in my mind) makes things work!
Today I recognized a clock in our office that kept buzzing and lighting up all of the time so of course I asked what it was for! A lady in my office informed me that it buzzed in correspondence to the bell system that is located in the house. This system lets all the congressmen know that it is time to congregate on the floor and voting is about to begin! This blew my mind that on top of everything else that these men/women do, they have time to recognize a bell system and make their way to the floor!
One of my tasks today was to find the "Flag Office" in the Capitol (which has more tunnels than millions of buildings combined) and get a certificate for a flag that was flown over the Capitol in honor of a person from the 19th District! After finding out that you could do this I have a few plans of my own to get done regarding this before I leave Washington DC! The certificates are really cool and it is definitely something that people will remember for the rest of their lives! This was tons of walking so I was SO glad that I was wearing flats! OHHHH and when I was making my way through the tunnels I saw all the Congressmen coming off of the floor and they were definitely on a mission that I was not a part of, but I still felt really important with my BRIGHT RED INTERN BADGE...that's right...I have a badge! haha
I had a very good day and I am really excited about the long weekend we have coming up! It will be fun to get out and see more of this amazing city!
Still missing you all! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is TOO COOL! I have always wondered how many "secret" tunnels there are in that place! However, I think most importantly....I NEED TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOU WITH THAT BADGE! LOL! Awesome! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANGELA!! This is so AWESOME of what you are getting to do. I feel like I am in class just wanting on your to post information about what goes on over there!! Well I hope you are having a GREAT time! Love ya and Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More picture, more pictures! So many people have said they are reading the blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete